Sunday, September 6, 2015

Song of the Week!

I have probably listened to Frank Turner's Positive Songs for Negative People in full every day this past week. I'm listening to it right now as I type. It is just an enjoyable, catchy, well-written record. In fact, I think I may actually like it more than Tape Deck Heart. Of course I did like a lot of that record but it felt very long and the end of it contained songs that I never, ever want to listen to. Positive Songs... is a much more cohesive record. That's probably why it's so great to listen to all the way through over and over again. I'm even warming up to "Mittens" (albeit I'm still not on board with "Silent Key.")

And I can't wait to see Frank live in three weeks!

But this week I am not going to talk about "Josephine" again. I love "Josephine." It's probably my favorite Frank Turner track since "I Am Disappeared" (of course that's my favorite of his songs.) But I wrote a bit about it last week. Instead, I'm going to focus on "Demons," simply because I really grew to like it this week.

But there's no audio available on YouTube for "Demons" so here's "Josephine" anyway. I mean it is a really, really, really good song. And the lyrics! The lyrics are quintessential Frank Turner. I just wish it were longer. Give me more song, Frank!


No comments:

Post a Comment